Family Mediators help couples or other family members where relationships have broken down, to reach joint decisions about one or more matters relating to children, finance and property.
What are the benefits?
· Gives you more say about what happens.
· You and the other party make decisions.
· Is less stressful, with less conflict between you and your partner.
· If you have children, it is less upsetting for them.
· It can help find ways for everyone involved to get on better in the future.
· Agreements can be reviewed and changed as your children get older and have different needs.
Attending the Assessment Meeting or (MIAM)
The first step is to attend a meeting with one of our mediators so you can find out more about mediation and if it’s right for you. This is generally called a ‘Mediation Information & Assessment Meeting’ (MIAM) or ‘Assessment meeting’.